Inferno soccer team is set to host the World Cup in 2022 but its fans are protesting against the tournament’s decision to put the tournament in the Philippines.
The club, known for its passionate fans, is in the process of negotiating with the Philippine Football Federation (PFFF) to play a second round of the tournament.
The federation last month approved the Philippine bid for the 2022 World Cup.
But the new bid has already been rejected by the IOC.
The protest group said in a statement on Monday that it is ready to take the matter to the International Court of Justice.
The Philippine Football Association (PFPA) said in the statement that the team’s management will address the matter with the PFFF.
The group said the decision to play the second round is an insult to Filipino fans and is an act of betrayal of the Filipino people.
The Philippines was not allowed to host this World Cup because of its history of political and social discrimination against ethnic and religious minorities.
The new bid, the group said, is a threat to the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and a threat for the peace and stability of the world.
The country will host the 2022 tournament in 2026, the year after the 2022 edition of the World Baseball Classic.
It is expected that the new Philippine bid will be awarded to the Philippines in 2018.